CHRONICLES COMMUNITY CREATIONS GENERAL CONTEST RULES
CHRONICLES COMMUNITY CREATIONS, their subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, the “Company”), will, from time to time conduct print, digital and online contests at Company and affiliate platforms including but not limited to BOGOETC, CELEBRITYCHEFSMAGAZINE, MYSAVINGSALERTS, MYSTERY MATCH GAMES, MUSIC MATCH GAMES, PWSAVES, PIGGLYWIGGLYAPP (all dot coms) and in Company owned and not owned print and digital publications. Said Contest(s) will be conducted substantially as described in these general contest rules (for rules pertaining to a specific Contest, please see the end of this document).
By the act of participation, each participant agrees as follows: The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously in various print, digital and online publications (platforms) owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States or Countries, and the Company may add, amend or remove participating platforms at any time during a contest as announced on the affected platform.
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize unless otherwise stated in the specific contest’s official rules. All prizes must be redeemed from participating sponsors within the applicable expiration date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Certain prizes have expiration dates (e.g. coupons, discounts, rebates, savings alerts) while others are date specific (e.g. tickets for admission to public and private events) and the winner or winners must claim such prizes within the specified time. In many cases the prizes can only be received at the physical location(s) of participating sponsors. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Winners must be at least eighteen years old (13 with parental consent). If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor if in the sole discretion of the Company the prize would be inappropriate for a minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person per way to win and only one (1) winner per household for the Contest. If the Company receives multiple and/or irregular entries from the same individual (regardless of the source) the Company reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of Company affiliates and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, miss delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, email or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware, software or platform errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on the Internet or on any platform. Nor is the Company responsible for lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest. Nor is the Company responsible for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Wherever a paper entry form is required, the information entered on that form or game piece must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted.
- Match Games. By participating in the matching portion of any contest, each participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Match Games are limited to one completed entry per verified email address unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. If an entrant submits multiple and/or irregular entries or game pieces, including but not limited those generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source the Company reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet matching process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use other means to determine the winner(s), including but not limited to appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company a non-exclusive right to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing, promotional and other purposes.
- Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any user created content, by the act of submitting your entry or game piece: (1) you agree that your created content is provided without restriction and will not place the Company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation unless otherwise stipulated in writing and signed by all interested parties. (2) you further agree that the Company is free to disclose the submitted content on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the content without any compensation to you; (3) in addition you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the Company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related content previously known to the Company or sponsor(s), or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (4) also, you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted content and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (5) you are hereby granting the Company a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose whatsoever.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in the Contest or from the use of any prize. Your act of participation will indemnify, release and hold the Company, and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, sponsors and all officers, directors, and employees thereof, and anyone acting on the Company’s behalf, harmless from and against any claims, actions, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, grants, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees (collectively, “Claims”), arising out of (a) any use of entry forms or game pieces and/or platform(s) by you or by any person that you allow to use the entry forms or game pieces and/or platform(s), (b) any breach of the General Contest Rules by you or by any person that you allow to use the entry forms or game pieces and/or platform(s), or (c) any violation of any laws or regulations or the rights of any third party by you or by any person that you allow to use the entry forms or game pieces and/or platform(s).
- Disclaimer. THE PLATFORMS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “WHERE IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PLATFORMS AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE PREVIOUS DISCLAIMER, THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE:
(A) THAT THE USE OF THE PLATFORM(S) WILL NOT CAUSE ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR TO YOUR COMPUTER OR ANY OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOUR DEVICE AND/OR COMPUTER OR APPLICATIONS AND CONTENT THAT RESIDE ON YOUR DEVICE AND/OR COMPUTER; OR
(B) THAT THE PLATFORM(S) WILL (i) OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE MANNER, (ii) THAT THE PLATFORM(S) WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE OR FREE FROM ALL HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR ERRORS, OR (iii) THAT THE PLATFORM(S) WILL BE IMMUNE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE PRIVATE OR SECURE; IT IS ILLEGAL FOR UNAUTHORIZED PEOPLE TO INTERCEPT YOUR COMMUNICATIONS, BUT SUCH INTERCEPTIONS CAN OCCUR. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE USE OF THE PLATFORM(S) IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PARTY RELATED TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSS EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGILIGENCE, PERSONAL INJURY, PRODUCTS LIABILITY, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK, AND HEREBY WAIVE, ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, TREBLE, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FROM THE COMPANY. THIS LIMITATION AND WAIVER ALSO APPLIES TO ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY BRING AGAINST ANY OTHER PARTY TO THE EXTENT THAT THE COMPANY WOULD BE REQUIRED TO INDEMNIFY THAT PARTY FOR SUCH CLAIM.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded (the same documentation is required from the winner’s legal guardian in the event the winner is a minor). Any person winning over six hundred ($600.00) dollars in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate the Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America and the State of North Carolina, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including where applicable notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific online disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law. Any failure by Company to enforce any rights granted or restrictions imposed hereunder or to take action against a user in the event of any breach hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver by the Company as to subsequent enforcement of rights or subsequent actions in the event of future breaches. The Company’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this paragraph shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The Company reserves the right, in its sole and unencumbered discretion, to amend these Contest Rules from time to time. If there is a conflict between the Contest Rules of a specific contest and the most current version of the Company’s General Contest Rules, the General Contest Rules will prevail. Failure to accept amendments made to the General Contest Rules may cause your entry to be immediately and automatically disqualified. If any term or provision of the General Contest Rules is declared void or unenforceable in a particular situation, by any competent judicial or administrative authority, this declaration shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms and provisions hereof or the validity or enforceability of the offending term or provision in any other situation, and under such circumstances, the balance of the General Contest Rules shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
- Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning cannot be calculated since they depend upon the number of participating sponsors and the number of contestants. For prizes other than coupons, discounts, savings alerts etc, each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize(s). The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced at the Company’s website or affiliated platform(s) where the Contest is installed. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
The headings contained herein are for reference purposes only and shall not affect the meaning or interpretation of the General Contest Rules.
$100,000.00 SAVINGS BONANZA
SPECIFIC CONTEST RULES
Three ways to qualify to SAVE & WIN in the $100,000.00 SAVINGS BONANZA:\
1) Send an email message to email@example.com Include the word “SAVE” in the Subject line. In the message area include your City and State and how you heard about the contest, or
2) With your Smartphone, scan the QR Code seen on various print pieces used by the Company to publicize the contest available at participating sponsors, or
3) Mail a sheet of paper that includes your City and State and how you heard about the contest to Chronicles Savings Bonanza, P O Box 695, Goldsboro NC 27533.
Entering the Contest more than once is prohibited.
The “$100,000 SAVINGS BONAZA” End Date occurs when the cumulative amount of savings and cash winnings from all sources, including participating sponsors equals or exceeds $100,000.00 unless the “$100,000.00 Savings Bonanza” Contest Rules Creator(s) determine(s) in their sole discretion to extend or end the Contest.
The dollar value of “Savings” are calculated by adding the difference between the regular price(s) and the “savings” price(s) of the products and services offered by participating sponsors. These “savings” can take the form of coupons, discounts, rebates, special offers and other price concessions made available from participating sponsors to qualified contestants and accessible through Company and Affiliate platforms, including but not limited to buylocali.com and pigglywigglyapp.com.
All cash prizes are based solely upon the winning proceeds of Official Lottery Tickets purchased by participating sponsors. Said proceeds will be divided equally among the Contest Winners less a twenty (20%) percent administrative fee retained by the Company.
A Winning Lottery Ticket triggers a semi final round during which every contestant will be emailed a list of knowledge based quiz questions. The one thousand (1,000) highest scoring Contestants will be invited to participate in consecutive rounds of knowledge based quizzes. The End Date of the contest occurs when all but 100 finalists have been eliminated.
Contestant eliminations will be based upon incorrect answers to the knowledge based quiz questions. The 100 finalists will share equally in the Cash Awards.
Once a week, the management of every participating sponsor shall do the following: 1) purchase a Ticket in the Lottery of their choice, 2) write “Savings Bonanza” on the back of the ticket and 3) secure the ticket in a safe place. All tickets are to be retained for a period of twelve (12) months after the End Date of the contest.
Participating sponsors grant the right of the “Savings Bonanza” Contest Organizers to inspect the then current Savings Bonanza Lottery Ticket at any time during the participating store’s normal hours of operation.
All announcements relating to the contest and the awarding of cash prizes will be made by email sent to all qualified contestants.
The “$100,000.00 SAVINGS BONAZA”, like all the Company’s contests is subject to the CHRONICLES COMMUNITY CREATIONS’ GENERAL CONTEST RULES.